Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Advent Calendar 2011

This was one of last weekend's workshops which I thought you might like to see. Traditionally, I have designed a different Advent Calendar workshop each Autumn but this year I simply ran out of time. This project is therefore based on a kit from Kaisercraft which includes the MDF carcass and the chipboard numbers and drawers. We retail this kit for £24.95 and it would be equally suited simply as a decorative piece. At her suggestion, I plan to make a version with a clock movement in the centre for our younger daughter.

I combined this with the Merry Christmas Kit Collection from Echo Park, Ranger Paint Dabber in Espresso, Brilliance Inkpads in Pearlescent Poppy, Thyme, Beige and Chocolate and Snazzy's
Clear Embossing Powder.

Firstly I inked the inside of the drawers and the numbers. To give the numbers some depth and shine I added three layers of embossing powder.

Next, I made myself a little template for the front of the drawers and cut a selection of papers to cover the drawers using the drawers as a template whilst they were still flat. I then used Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to assemble the drawers, cover them with the patterned paper and to add the numbers to the front- the fine nozzle on this is perfect for glueing the edges of the drawers and it dries really quickly too!

I am not a fan of stickers but I was determined to do something with the sticker sheets included in the paper kit so I used them to decorate the front of some of the drawers and the centre with my only addition being one 12x12 sheet of Bazzill Smoothie in Walnut Cream,- the offcuts even made the banner flags so my thrifty Scottish heart was singing lol!
In the workshop we inked all the papers and the banner flags and I have to say it was a massive improvement on my original, but as it was very time consuming making the 'for instance' this one will just be staying as is. 

I will show you what I did with the leftovers from this project later this week.

Thanks for looking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment