Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Remember this?

Last time I said I would come back and share my finished 'for instance' using this paper. Better late than never........
 

It was a sheet of 12 x12 paper from Anna Dabrowska's Dreamer collection for 7 Dots Studio which I used as the starting point for my 12x12 art journal style canvas for a workshop at Snazzys last Sunday week. I simply tore out shapes from the paper allowing the design on the paper to suggest how I used it.

I painted a 12x12 canvas randomly with three colours of acrylic paint, which turned out darker than I planned so I added a layer of gesso to knock it back a bit. I then added some texture paste through a stencil and some sticky back canvas rings (I drew round the circles on the stencil to get these).

A liberal spritz with Dylusions Ink Spray which I encouraged to run, some white paint circles (stamped with the lid from the paint), some text stamping also with the white paint, and some stamped words in die cut frames to finish.

So.....

 
 
 
...and here's the finished piece, with some charcoal shading around the distressed, inked paper and canvas pieces to add definition.
 
 
Soooo not me really but I have hung it on the wall in the studio and it's growing on me.
 
During the workshop I created a second canvas, using another paper from the Dreamer collection as my starting point, but with a completely different feel.
 
 
I used the grid in the paper as a frame for my pieces and allowed the painted background to show more with inky splats and stamped script to make it more interesting. From there I played with the idea of sqaures and rectangles in paper, sticky back canvas, plastic (coloured with alcohol inks), texture paste and some torn tissue tape again with some charcoal shading.
 
 
In the next canvas Jane really made fantasic use of the paper she chose which was from Prima's Almanac collection.
 

 
She partially cut out each of the pieces from the background curling, distressing and inking the cut edges to show snippets of her painted, stamped and inked background behind.
 
 
With the addition of some stamping from several Darkroom Door stamp sets the finished piece was simply stunning.
 
Andy, who was spending his birthday with us (and even supplied the cakes!) created a beautiful study in subtle blending and elegance featuring paper from Prima's Engraver collection (which is also featured by Snazzy's DT this month over here where you still have a few days to leave a comment to be in with a chance of winning a DT kit of your own just saying!).
 
 
You can pop over to Andy's own blog here to see some thumbnails of all the lovely details - grab yourself a cuppa though, you will be some time as you won't be able to resist scrolling back through his fabby projects.
 
We had a great day and I am planning another similar day in April so, if anyone is interested keep an eye on the Workshop Timetables on the main Snazzy website.
 
Before I go, due to a cancellation we have two spaces on each of this weekend's (16/17 March) workshops with the fabulous Hels Sheridan. Here's a couple of thumbnails of the samples and you can find all the details on the March Workshops page of the main Snazzy website here.
 

 
Thanks for visiting. Back soon xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







1 comment:

  1. Fab samples - I can't bear to use my 7 dots paper... maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete