Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sew Much To Do with Chapel Road Artstamps

Hello again Snazzy stampers!

Both this week's workshop projects featured Chapel Road Artstamps new Sew Much To Do stamp sheet..........


............... and the Tim Holtz Alteration's Sewing Room and Mini Sewing Room dies with
his On the Edge Pennants and his Riveted Metal and Flourish Texture Fades, some Ideaology Grungeboard, Studio 490 Art Part scissors and matching stamp, some Studio Sticky Back Canvas stamped with some Hero Arts label stamps (CL398), some scraps of lace, embroidery thread, trimmings and Ric Rac from my stash, and some Eco Green Crafts paints in Lake and Orchid and WOW embossing powders in Vanilla White, Olive and Burgundy.

That seems a really long list of materials doesn't it but, I bet you all have similar products in your stash that could be adapted to this type of project, and I did make two versions!

 
The original workshop 'for instance' I made using Carta Bella's Beautiful Moments papers on a Orchid base, yes I know, pink - so not me!
 
 
I then recovered myself and made a second version with a Lake base to co-ordinate with Authentique's Loyal papers.
 

Both paper ranges are double sided so, to create the faux patchwork effect for the frame insert, I only needed a scrap of 7cm x 11cm of three papers to get six different designs to play with. I then embossed each piece with the same Riveted Metal Texture Fade I used for last week's Steampunk projects - versatile or what lol. I used the embossed design to create a mini patchwork of papers, sticking it down on the insert base with Herma repositional adhesive as I went. I added a mini label from Hero Arts CL398 stamped with Versacolour Bamboo/Cardinal ink onto sticky back canvas, frayed a little around the edges and smidged with a little Old Paper Distress Ink to shabby it up a bit.
 
 
All you have to do is paint your frame back & front, make sure it is completely dry, then stamp the images from the Sew Much to Do stamp set, and the mini doily stamp from Prima's Fairy Belle collection in Versamark. I used the same colour embossing powder each time for each image and added a swipe of Inca Gold in Pale Gold around the frame edges once the Embossing Powder was cool. On the pink version I used some of the leftover embossed papers to create a little border of randomly sized strips along the top edge of the frame, and on the blue one I trimmed the top of the frame and the insert with Pennants cut from some of the laftover Loyal papers.
 
That's all for today but if you pop back tomorrow I will run through how I made all the other embellishments.
 
Take Care xx 
 
 
 

1 comment: