Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Steampunk Frame with Chocolate Baroque Stamps

Hello stampers, yesterday evening I ran a workshop at Snazzys showing a very simple faux metal, grungy finish on a simple wooden frame featuring images from Chocolate Baroque's Steampunkery stamp set.


The flat plywood frame is available as either a square with square aperture or in the rectangular version I have used. The cogs were all cut from the Tim Holtz Alterations full size and mini cogs, some from kraft card, some in Grungeboard and some in black shrink plastic giving a variety of sizes and depths to mix and match. All the pieces were arranged on the frame, including some scrim to give the effect of metal mesh, and once glued down, (with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue of course), painted in black acrylic from Eco Green Crafts. The insert was simply black card embossed with Tim Holtz Texture Fades and both surfaces then had Viva Inca Gold applied as desired to highlight the textures and give the faux metal effect.


I had three workshop 'for instances', one using Inca Gold in Copper and two with Silver.


If you pop back tomorrow I will explain how I made each of the Steampunk embellishments using the clever Steampunkery stamps from Chocolate Baroque, some Bazzill black cardstock, Ideaology Grungepaper, Ranger's Mold-n-Pour and Melt Art UTEE.

Thanks for stopping by xx


5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Val. I can't wait to see how you made the embellishments. Another workshop I wish I could have done with you ..... one day!!!!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo there are uber cool, I really like the copper one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!!!! Love them all but my favourite is the bottom one, that bee is fantastic!!! When will you come to Scotland and do a workshop here??? Meanwhile, I guess I'll be back tomorrow to find out more:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a fab workshop Val - thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val these look amazing. I love the pewter effect, which lends itself so well to the steampunk theme. Well done.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete