Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Monday 27 July 2015

Layouts in July

Hello again and welcome back. This time I would like to share the results of my July monthly layout workshop with you.

The moment I set eyes on Prima's Garden Fable collection I knew I wanted to scrap this photo of our younger daughter using it.

Monthly Layout Sample - July

I used one sheet of the paper as the base (847210) and layered planner pages and tags cut from the other (847227) to add a cluster of layers. I used both the cling and clear stamps from the collection plus a couple of older stamps from Kaisercraft ( the doily embossed in WOW's Bright White ), Inkadinkado ( the quirky 'adorable' ) and a couple of little Teresa Collins word stamps. I used some little scraps of paper to stamp and fussy cut the tiny pink butterflies and had a layout complete with only two sheets of paper and a tiny scrap of lace.

Here are some of the layouts made in the workshop based around the ideas used in my sample...


Apologies to Lucy, Karen and Ellie whose layouts I forgot to photograph, they were fab too with some clever colour combos!

Next month's workshop is a double layout with some background masking and stamping with clever use of quite basic dies to create trims, ric rac and other embellishments. Again I fell in love with these ivory and black papers from Authentique's Everlasting collection. A perfect match for WOW's Vanilla White embossing powder and appropriate for some photos taken of my grandparents and great-grandparents around 1900.

 

As ever, those attending this workshop will have a free choice of papers to work with the colours and subject of their photos, and it is always interesting to see how different the resulting layouts turn out.

Thank you for popping by, I hope you will join me again very soon.

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout for your Daughter's photo Val and excellent work from all the workshop participants. I really love the layout for your beautiful old family photos and will be interested to see what everyone else comes up with.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete