The base for these is a paper mâché hanging which I painted black. I cut a piece of white card just smaller than the hanging, tore up leftover scraps of paper which I randomly glued to the white card covering with a couple of thin coats of gesso both to knock back the pattern on the papers, and to stop my ink runs from soaking too quickly into the background.
When the gesso dried I stamped the background with various Kaisercraft Texture stamps in Versafine Vintage Sepia then allowed some black and brown Dylusions ink sprays to run down the background. I also added splatters in the same black and brown, with a little white too.
I added a few extra ink runs on the second background then glued both backgrounds to the hangings. Not sure which one I prefer.
I stamped the full Dylusions figures, which were constructed from elements from various Dylusions stamp sets, onto white card to provide a sturdy base, then stamped the elements individually onto a selection of patterned paper. These papers were from Basic Grey Little Black Dress and Teresa Collins Vintage Finds. After cutting them out I glued the pieces onto each figure then cut the finished figure out and used foam pads to position it on the hanging.
All that was left was to add a greeting to each and these fab black arrow paper clips which I found in IKEA.
There was quite a bit of fussy cutting with these but with the radio on the time just flew, and I loved the finished characters! Hope they inspired you too.
Same time, same place tomorrow when I will have some distressed backgrounds to share. Hope to see you then x