Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Tuesday 20 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 20

Hello again, yesterday I shared my prepping of the altered book which is going to become my art journal, and today I am sharing some cards I made with the pages I tore out of the book as part of my preparation. Waste not, want not and all that!


This card was made by stamping out the images which are by JOFY for PaperArtsy onto the book pages then colouring the individual elements with Distress Inks. Really effective!

I used a Hero Arts stamp here, stamped onto a page from the book with the text on the page at right angles to the text on the stamp, then embossed with black embossing powder. The buildings on the stamp were evenly spaced out but I wanted mine to overlap a bit so I cut them out. I added the little triple layer embossed heart for a pop of colour.

This little birdie is also from Hero Arts I just added some ink around him, splattered with a water and blotted, then layered him on a die cut doily, also from a book page. My little embossed heart makes an appearance here too!

I don't use my dies enough so I thought I'd make a couple of really quick and simple cards with these Spellbinder's die cutting a heart shaped window on the front of the cards to allow a peek through to more hearts inside.

 

More hearts here, again really simple just layered inside each other, I did think afterwards I should have inked them but ho, hum!

To finish today, a more masculine card, when I can't find a 'manly' enough paper and don't have time to create my own, book pages are my go to.

Another day, another blog post! Thank you for joining me, hope to see you again tomorrow when I will be sharing a project that is one layer but appears dimensional, all created with plain paper and ink xx

 

2 comments:

  1. Your JOFY flowers and vase are gorgeous Val, such an effective technique, one i shall try!

    All your cards today are fab, i also like the cut out hearts so yiu can see behind.

    Your cards are also perfect for posting, another great frugal post. See you tomorrow:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One layer magic tomorrow Mo, one of my favourites! Thank you for you lovely comment , see you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete