Welcome

Welcome to Snazzys blog where we hope to offer you regular inspiration using all the latest products both in store and the new Snazzys Online version. Plus, previews of upcoming workshops, product previews and reviews, mini tutorials and so much more.

Monday 26 January 2015

A Frugal Journey Through January Day 26

A very quick post for Day 26 on my frugal journey where I am featuring a simple idea using photographs as backing papers. You might use this on a journal page, a card or a mixed media project, but today I will show you how I incorporated this into a layout.

If you click on the image you will see that by printing my original photo onto A4 paper both in black and white for the backgrounds, and as I showed you earier this month, in colour to use to paper piece my stamped poppies, I have created a double layout without any bought paper or embellishments, but more importantly I have custom materials that match my project perfectly.

With the kind permission of one of my very talented customers, here is her beautiful take on my original layout idea.


 

I'm sure you could adapt this idea for your own scrapbook, journal or card making. Give it a go and I will see you back here tomorrow with another frugal project, made entirely from junk xx

 

 

6 comments:

  1. two very beautiful layouts - fabulous poppies, and wonderful lavender !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I just wish I could take better photos. I always look at your in awe xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely pages Val. Great idea with the paper pieced poppies (try saying that fast x 5, lol)!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy taking pictures and when out and about am on the look out for a good background paper. I use Serif Craft Artist to manipulate mine as PS is too difficult for me to learn.

    Two beautiful scrapbook pages Val, especially liking the Lavendar layout :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid I'm not that clever, just point & shoot, click &iPrint in my studio lol!

      Delete